Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pack on the pounds and get thin?





Who knew packing on the pounds could help you get thin? That's exactly what a company that developed the Mbody Plate Vest figured out. I was introduced to this product at the 2012 LA Fit Expo and was amazed with how different it felt when adding just 20 pounds to my body when I attempted an exercise. The MBody Plate Vest adds weight, which adds resistance, resulting in an elevated heart rate. It got me thinking how hard it must be for people who are extremely overweight; it makes the simplest task difficult: like getting up from a seated position, getting out of bed in the morning, walking up and down stairs, and even just taking a shower.



The added weight while working out reminds me of when I was younger. I would be sitting in the living room, watching my older sister do her aerobic tapes. She always added weight around her ankles. Sometimes she would even wear those ankle weights to work. I'll admit I thought she was foolish!  I never understood what benefits she was getting until I tried on the weight vest. Wow, it makes a difference!

If you are someone who is looking to change up your weekly cardio routine, grab a pair of 10 pound weights.  I guarantee you will feel a difference the next morning.  Here we are spending all this time trying to lose the weight and the trick is to add on the weight. Who knew?

For more information on the MBody Plate Vest, visit their web site, and check out my interview with the owner of the MBody Strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment