Thursday, February 23, 2012

Listen to your body!




Its important to listen your body and not over train. For example, this week has been tough for me. I'm slowly getting over a cold. The last thing I want to do is put my body through a greuling work out. Just so you know, it's okay to take it easy every so often.  A lady in one of my classes has been dealing with a cold for almost three weeks now. She failed to give her body the break it needed. Instead she continued working out.  Although, it can go both ways. For instance, this past weekend I decide to just eat everything in sight. I went from Chili's, to Sharkey's and then ended with Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.  I can honestly say my heart hurt by Monday. I just knew my body needed a good workout. Acknowledging your body's needs can go a long way. 

Over training is something I see way too often.  If you’re actively getting weaker, slower, and your stamina is deteriorating despite regular exercise, you’re probably training too much.

Here are 8 warning signs you might be over training:


1) You repeatedly fail to complete your normal workout
2) You are losing leanness despite increased exercise
3) You are having to lift and sprint harder every day
4) You're feeling restless and unable to sleep in your down time
5) You feel overly fatigued, sluggish and useless
6) Your joints, bones, or limbs hurt
7) You are getting sick more often.
8) You feel like crap days after a big workout
 
When you over train and work out excessively, you may think you are doing your body a favor by giving it the physical exercise it needs, but your efforts can be counterproductive.


Keep up with Fitness Fads on Facebook. Like us today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment