Friday, September 14, 2012

Wow, my feet hurt!

I've recently incorporated circuit training into my dance classes. I did this for two reasons. First reason being because my feet hurt and to give my feet a break I figured I would just yell at people. Just kidding, kind of. The second reason is to vary the class up. I did this because I noticed I have the same people taking my classes all the time. I'm not trying to attract new people. Variety is important. You never want to do the same exercises over and over. Eventually your body will adapt. Circuit type classes offer a full body workout, incorporating mostly body weight exercises using minimal weighted exercises. I find it less intimidating. I also work in spinning which is a great way to burn out your legs without all the pounding on the joints. But I believe dancing is the best exercise on the planet! Okay, maybe I'm pushing it a little. Weight training to some extent is important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment