Sunday, July 15, 2012

CONTROL


I can’t stress enough that people should take it slow, especially people who haven’t worked out in a while. There are so many options out there to get in shape. I get it, and as an instructor, believe me I want to try them all! I consider myself to be really fit, okay really really fit,  but even I can’t just jump into a new exercise program without taking it slow. A new program means there are different muscle being used so regardless of your fitness level, you will feel it in the morning. Ease yourself into the workout.
 
            I just started a new kind out workout which involved dancing on the sand. Sounds fun right? Well it is, but OMG is it hard! I was crippled the next day! Same basic moves I do in my indoor class but different conditions.  I warned my class but they didn’t listen. One person even got hurt. I titled this blog control, because that’s exactly what this person didn't exercise. It's so important to control those movements and not to go crazy like you're Superman or Wonder Woman! What do I mean by control, you ask. As a dancer, the first thing you learn in ballet, before you do anything difficult moves, is how to control your body. This happens to be one reason why the tights are worn.  Not my favorite.  To be honest, learning to dance was boring in the beginning because all we did was exercise in learning how to control our movements. I feel this is true in exercise to avoid injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment